General Information Regarding Admissions
Lahore University of Biological & Applied Sciences (UBAS-Lahore) is renowned for its top-notch academic Programmes,which are meticulously designed to cater to the diverse needs of the students. UBAS offers various Programmes that are approved by the relevant bodies, following a procedure that is prescribed in the university calendar. Whenever a new Programme is initiated, it undergoes a thorough approval process, starting from the head of the relevant department to the Dean of the Faculty to the Academic Council, and the Board of Governors. It is noteworthy that all the Programmes offered by Lahore University of Biological & Applied Sciences have been approved by the Academic Council in its meeting held on 30th March 2023. The university adheres to its regulations and guidelines for admission to each academic Programme, ensuring transparency and fairness in the process.
The university aims to provide a holistic learning experience to its students, nurturing their intellectual, social, and personal development. Notwithstanding anything contained in any of the University Regulations, admission for each academic Programme shall be made in accordance with these Regulations. At present, the Lahore University of Biological & Applied Sciences is welcoming applications for admissions to a diverse range of Programmes, each of which is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter. The Programmes offered by the university include undergraduate and postgraduate in different fields, such as Pharmacy, Applied Health Sciences, Nursing, Social Sciences, and Biological Sciences.
Lahore University of Biological & Applied Sciences follows a comprehensive and transparent admissions policy, applicable to all applicants seeking admission to its Programmes. The Admission Policies of the University are in line with the vision, mission, and core values of the University.
- The university adheres to minimum admission standards set by the regulatory bodies in the country.
- All applicants must meet the minimum high school credit and English language competency requirements.
- University does not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, creed, color, or domicile. Thus, The Lahore University of Biological & Applied Sciences is open to all academically qualified candidates of either gender, regardless of religion, race, creed, colour, or domicile and no such person shall be denied the privileges of the University on the grounds of gender, religion, creed, race, class, colour or domicile.
- The admission process is based on merit and potential for leadership.
- There are no quotas, reserved seats, or admissions against donations.
- The selection process is fair and transparent.
- There are no admissions against donations.
- The faculty prescribes the selection procedures, which are approved by the Academic Council.
- There are no arbitrary lower or upper age limits for admission.
- Possession of minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee selection.
- The university advises applicants to read the online Programme brochures carefully for a detailed understanding of the admission process. Selection of students is made with great care and concern, and decisions are irrevocable and non-negotiable.
- A deliberate effort is made to select students from diverse economic and educational backgrounds. This is done in the belief that diversity in the student body greatly enriches the educational experience.
- Applicants must retain copies of the documents submitted, as they will not be returned.
- Providing false or fraudulent information is a disciplinary offense that will disqualify the application/admission.
- The university may change admission dates and deadlines, which will be notified through the website.
- Students must pay the tuition and registration fee provided in the offer letter to confirm admission.
- Applications for Admission are accepted within a specified time frame.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- The following will be the responsibility of the applicant and will be made aware that:
- Application requirements should be completed according to the eligibility requirements, instructions and time schedule provided for the programme being applied to.
- Complete, correct, and timely information should be provided to the Admissions Office. Incomplete Applications cannot be processed for final selection.
- Documents submitted at the time of application/admission are not returned to the applicant.
- Copies of documents submitted should be retained.
- The University reserves the right to initiate necessary action against the student.
- Presentation of incorrect/false/forged/fraudulent information or document(s) to complete eligibility/admission requirements is a disciplinary offence, is unethical and will disqualify the application/admission.
- The University reserves the right to change dates and deadlines for admissions. These
- changes are notified through the university website and remains the responsibility.
- of the applicant to view these changes periodically on the online application portal.
- To confirm admissions, students will be required to pay the tuition and registration fee as provided in the offer letter. Details of tuition and fees are also available on the university website.
- Deferment of Admissions: Students may request to defer an admission if unable to join the year of application.
- UBAS will accept “Transfer students.”
- This refers to undergraduates and graduates from other recognized Universities and Colleges who have applied for a programme at the UBAS and would like credits from another programme transferred.
- Maximum credits transferable will comply with the credit transfer policy of as
- provided in the Lahore-UBAS
Admission Regulations & Admission Committee
- There shall be an Admission Committee to supervise admissions. The Admission Committee constituted for the purpose shall be as under:
- Vice Chancellor (Chairman)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Company Secretary/Treasurer
- Deans of all the Faculties/Chairman Departments
- Director, IT
- Registrar/Deputy Registrar
- Controller of examinations
- If there is a tie between two or more candidates having equal merit in Ph.D./MS/M.Phil. /MA/M.Sc. or equivalent Programmes, their merit shall be determined on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the BA/B. Sc or equivalent examination. If that is also equal, then marks in FA/ F. Sc shall be considered. In case that is also equal, then marks in Matriculation shall be considered. Thereafter, if the candidates have equal merit, the candidate older in age shall be given preference over the younger in age. Similarly in case of tie between two or more candidates for admission in BS Programme above said criteria shall be applicable.
- Any student who was rusticated, expelled, or whose entry in any College/University Campus was banned by the University for any reason whatsoever or any person declared persona non-grate shall not be admitted in the University at any degree level.
- All issues/queries connected with admission shall be resolved by the Admission Committee.
- Under extraordinary circumstances, the Vice-Chancellor, on the recommendation of the concerned Dean, may allow migration of students from another University to the UBAS provided that:
- The Institutions concerned agree to the migration of such a student.
- The courses of studies are recognized as equivalent.
- The applicant fulfills the conditions of eligibility and merit.
- A migration certificate (in case the applicant graduated from a university other than the Punjab/all
Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education) must be produced by the final date of admission.
- All University Rules and Regulations shall be applicable and subject to change owing to the COVID-19 Crisis/Government Policy.
- Errors and omissions are excepted.
- As soon as the university advertises admissions, prospective candidates may apply on the prescribed forms either online or during a physical visit to the campus before the last date for submission of application as defined in the advertisement.
- Candidates are required to attach attested photocopies of the following documents with the application form and shall produce his/her original certificates of the same at the time of the interview:
- Valid Matric or equivalent certificate or ‘O’ Level transcript.
- Valid FSc or equivalent certificate or‘A’ Level transcript.
- Domicile certificate.
- CNIC of the father and C.N.I.C/B. Form of the student.
- Four passport size photographs with sky blue background (stapled on the front page of the application form).
- After receiving the application form, completed in all respects, admission staff issues a receipt of receiving the application form except for the application forms received through courier or post.
- Incomplete applications or those received after the due date by post/ courier will not be entertained.
- Respective faculty in UBAS publishes the list of successful and waiting students on the notice board as well as on the official social media handles.
- All successful candidates are invited for an interview.
- The interview process spans a period of 3-5 days in each faculty.
- In an interview, candidates are required to present a medical certificate, which affirms the mental and physical wellbeing of the candidate.
- A candidate who remains absent on the specified days of the interview (without any information to the admission committee) will be dropped from the merit list and the seat would be offered to the next available candidate.
- The final list of the candidates admitted on open merit and on the waiting, list will be displayed on the university notice board as per schedule of admission.
- The selected candidates will deposit the fee/dues at account’s office, after obtaining challan forms from the accountant/front desk officer within the due date.
- The candidate shall submit a copy of the Bank Receipt to the Accountant/Fee Clerk in the student section on the same day to confirm his/her admission and to avoid any complications.
- The original documents of the candidate will remain in the possession of the admin office of the concerned faculty until completion of the degree Programme. However, the original documents will be returned to the student in case he/she tenders a written request for the cancellation of his/her admission or otherwise.